Monday, March 31, 2014

Pink Ankle Length Dress - (touch up waste, neck and shoulders) (good find)

Needed to make this dress for fitted and layer. I have a boxy shape and I feel like this dress advertised that, so here is how I added a little layer and made the sleeves fitted for modesty! Hope it helps you get some ideas!

Step 1.
Try on the dress and see where you want the neck to lay. Try to make sure the length works too. 
Pin the shoulders together and straight stitch. Don't forget to try it on before you cut the access off. Than a zig zag stitch.

Step 2.
I used the back layer of material to say how far high I wanted the pinch to go.
Bring that length up to the hip.
Step 3. 
Pinch two layers and pin them at the hip.
Step 4. 
Hand stitch in place and VUALA!

I tried adding a belt and really love it! Thanks for the support everyone! 
LOVES!




No comments:

Post a Comment