Friday, February 21, 2014

Striped T - Bring In Collar (good find) (resize collar)


I found this shirt for a deal (it was too big of course) So I was drowning in the neck line! Here is how I fixed it!

Step 1.

Try on the shirt and see where you would actually like the neck to lay. I chose to sew in the shoulders. but that means some serious bunching around that area! but thats ok because I think it adds a nice touch. So measure how much you will need to sew in by pinching and using your fingers or a ruler.

If you feel like this
when you are wearing it, it needs to be fixed! 

Step 2. 

Try to make the shoulders seem lines match up. This means serious bunching on the back. thats ok just try to make the bunching spread evenly. Unpick the shoulder and cut until you reach the sleeve.
you should have a nice hole there now
Step 3. 

Pinch the center of the hole and sew along that making a nice pleated effect. Make sure to Zig Zag stitch along the edges to there is no fraying! I moved the pleat over a bit so it was more in the center of my shoulder.

And hoorah its fixed!!
Thanks for your support guys!! 
- LOVES










No comments:

Post a Comment